How does Green Deal call affect EIC Accelerator Pilot?
On 25th March 2020, the European Commission has adopted a new update of the EIC Work Programm with two novelties;
- The upcoming cut-off deadline of May 19th, 2020 will be fully alligned with the European Green Deal. All applicants submitting for this cut-off will need to demonstrate how their innovation contributes to the goals of the Green Deal. In particular, proposals will have to describe how they quantitatively contribute to one or more of the following eight sustainability goals:
1. Increasing the EU’s climate mitigation and/or adaptation ambition.
2. Supply clean, affordable and secure energy.
3. Transitioning of industry to a clean and/or circular economy (including waste prevention and/or recycling).
4. Building and renovating in an energy and resource efficient way.
5. Accelerating the shift to sustainable and smart mobility.
6. Transition to a fair, healthy and environmentally friendly food system.
7. Preserving and restoring ecosystems and biodiversity.
8. Realizing a zero-pollution ambition and a toxic-free environment.
The EIC Accelerator Pilot cut-off of October 7th 2020 will remain open to all innovations.
- Additional opportunities for companies with women CEOs (or equivalent positions) is also expected, to ensure 25% of all finalists in the EIC Accelerator Pilot are women-led companies. If, following the first-round remote evaluation, a minimum of 25% of companies selected for the final-stage interviews are not led by women, additional interviews will be scheduled.